I wouldn’t call this a book summary, because it isn’t. What it is, are my highlights from the book as I read it. Maybe it is a book summary, or maybe it is what I like. Who knows! maybe you will find some value in it as well.
- Somewhere between childhood and the real world two things happen. Either you start to pursue the dreams of your parents or you get caught up in pursuing dollars or stature in a career field. People who do this have their passion on the shelf collecting dust and end up being part of the 70 percent who don’t like what they do.
- Lack of passion is often the difference between failure and success.
- Set the bar high: What is the standard you want to be known for. Don’t shortchange yourself.
- Find innovations, approaches, and practices that you can adapt for your chosen field.
- Explore how to make everything you tackle bigger, bolder, better and more exciting.
- Einstein said imagination is more important than knowledge. Without imagination and the ability to think big, knowledge alone won’t make you successful.
- Most people are impatient and want quick results, but waiting is often the smart way to go.
- Build a financial cushion that will allow you to avoid being squeezed when problems occur.
- When you acquire knowledge, it makes you a more interesting and interested person.
- Ket to success is experience not education. Experience comes from action, doing, taking risks. Knowledge is essential but knowledge alone isn’t enough.
- When you’re prepared there is no reason to be nervous.
- The key to striking a deal os persuasion not power. Persuasion is diplomacy at its best.
- He who has the gold makes the rules.
- Few people are naturally gifted extemporaneous speakers, but most can learn.
- It’s easy to take the conventional route and not make waves, but the easiest way can be the mediocre way, it may be a little more than just treading water.
- When you begin feeling comfortable, it should be an alarm that alerts you that you may be falling in a trap.
- Stress is usually focusing on the problems instead of the solutions.
- Always build for tomorrow: Think about your brand, your reputation, and your company.
- Never think of learning as a burden or chore. It may require discipline, but it can be a stimulating and exciting adventure.
- Leadership is not a group effort. If you’re in charge, then be in charge.
- Don’t get secure in your comfort zone. When you get comfortable, you can become complacent and never grow.
- Success is good. Success with significance is even better.
- If you can’t write your idea on the back of a calling card, then your idea is not clear.
- Clarity and brevity arent incompatible.
- Being satisfied can undermine you and keep you from reaching your full potential.
- Don’t find fault, find a remedy.
- When things go wrong, look at yourself first.
- Experience build confidence.
- Courage isn’t the absence of fear, It’s the conquering of fear.
- Productive people accomplish more for a reason, they work long and hard.
- Emerson said: Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. You won’t be successful by following someone else’s route.
- Identify your intrinsic values, what you really want and will work hard to get.
My highlights and my notes and takeaways from TRUMP 101 (The way to success); author Donald Trump.
Which of the notes do you like and can apply today? Please share.
Leave a Reply